Travels in Australia

Sunday

City Tour

Report from Adam... He has moved into his apartment and begun to settle in. He has both a landline and mobile phone so expect updates on Sydney activities more frequently. He has started to square away his medical license but has one more hurddle to jump before that's finalizaed (apparently he needs to provide proof that his first language is English, leaving me to contact his high school for the necessay reference letter). Friday was his first day of work, and Adam has nothing but great things to say about the hospital and his fellow-medical personnel. More to come on his job once he's worked more than a day.

His sponsor took him on a brief tour of the city last week taking in the sights at Darling Harbour, the Harbour Bridge, and opera house (but only in passing). Adam suggested that he might catch a show at the opera house in the near future. The weekend was mainly spent getting little things he still needed, like hangers, which I wasn't able to pack because his bags were already filled to over flowing. As per my first weekend without Adam, I too mainly did things around the house.

During the week it's lonely and sad not having Adam around but the weekends are going to be worse by far. At least during the week, I have work. On the weekends, it just me. I did our traditional weekend walk and I have to say without Adam is was pretty weak. The next two weekends will be better though, my mom and sister are coming to town to move Sarah back up to school (U Mass Amherst).

For all of you in NY and follow tennis the US Open starts tomorrow and I have plans to go at least once. Hopefully I'll catch a couple of really good matches, if not this week then perhaps next. I'll have to remember to take along my new little digital camera to get in some shooting practice. After all it's so little and light weight there is really no excuse not to take it. Not to worry, I'll be sure to post any good pictures I manage to take.

2 Comments:

  • Tennis fan? You may be interested in this article we wrote about Andy Roddick for the August issue of Continental. Click here. (Sorry for the shameless self-promotion.)

    By Blogger Martin, at 11:57 PM  

  • Good to hear that Adam has connected with civilization (i.e. a phone).

    Now if only he had a functional email account.

    DF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home