One Small Step Back in Time
The day before Adam left, things were rather hectic at home. I was getting the laundry done,
shopping for his good-bye party, and buying him whatever little odds and ends he still needed. You say, why were you buying things, Sydney is a major city, he can get things there. All true, yet I hate to travel unprepared. Plus given how tired I knew he'd be I wanted to be sure that he had everything he needed to get him through the first week.
Anyway, that evening we celebrated Adam's then upcoming journey to Australia with a few friends. Adam was so excited, every time the door bell rang he would go run to answer it. Never mind that before that night he would hardly ever get up to get the door or answer the phone....
I wanted to thank you all for joining me in giving Adam a wonderful send off. I know he enjoyed it and didn't want to see it end, which of course just means we'll have to gather again in June 2006 (or maybe July) to give him a proper welcome home party. Of course, as we'll be living in Philly by then all sort of logistic will have to get sorted out (I'll get back you all in 10 months).
1 Comments:
What a great idea this is!! I look forward to Adam (and eventually your) adventures in Sydney! And it was a fabulous party - thanks for inviting us! David's not usually that talkative in party situations but he apparently enjoyed himself a lot. And the food was, as always, delicious!
By
Anonymous, at 8:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home