Touchdown and Score

Contact has been made. Adam called me! At 6:00 am (EST) (8:00 pm Tuesday night in Sydney). Good news, he did indeed arrive safely and tired. Fortunately, the plane was not crowded so he was as comfortable as possible in an economy seat flying around the globe. He reported that the trip was exhausting, but honestly, did we really expect less from a 20 hour flight. Poor guy, he sounded so worn out. But I am sure he will sleep like a baby tonight and if he's lucky won't wake up at 5:00 am.
He certainly seems to have hit the ground running. He has an apartment, which he will move into on Thursday. A one bedroom so I'm told, not too far from Kings Cross, but far enough not to be seedy. And centrally located so that he can enjoy all the sights and activities Sydney has to offer without traveling a great deal. Furnished with all the fixings, which is great, but makes the towels and linens I packed for him (just in case) a bit superfluous. Oh well! Now he has extra and can use them and feel like he's back home with us.
Once I have contact details I will share with everyone. He doesn't have a phone yet but will try to get some sort of landline in his apartment so he can dial-in from home and check email not to mention get calls from us. Wireless (internet) technology apparently hasn't reached that neck of the woods. Of course, he may end up with a mobile phone... time will tell....
Tomorrow, or I guess later today for us, he's off to make sure that his medical license to work at Uni NSW is all in order. That I'm sure will be an adventure. He has to take a train and a bus, I think.
Home is not the same and I'm so exhausted from getting him ready to go that I've been falling into these deep sleeps. Of course, I had already figured out (after 9/11) that's how I seem to cope with traumatic situations - deep dreamless sleep.
Right now it almost seems like Adam is just away at a conference or some sort of review course and will be home in a couple of days. I guess it'll really hit me next week that he isn't coming home any time soon… and then will begin the sleepless nights… how long until Thanksgiving?
1 Comments:
Awwww! Well, as you know, you are most welcome to come for movies in Brooklyn (or I'll join you uptown), visits to Target, hanging out in our backyard (bring some Off, though!) and general fun times, since I'm a work-widow of an evening and I have that giant Netflix queue to work through :)
By
Anonymous, at 8:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home