Travels in Australia

Friday

I Have Arrived

Hello all! I am back and ready to blog; many apologies for my lack of posting anything the last month. I am sorry. But the last month at home was pretty hectic getting ready for my trip Down Under.

All is well here in Sydney. The trip over was pretty uneventful. Once again I lucked out and the 2 middle seats of my 4-seat-row (center) were empty. So I was able to curl up and actually slept about 8 hours of the 14.5 hour trip. The sleep, while helpful, wasn’t enough to eliminate jetlag I still pass out around 9:30 pm.

I am actually very happy to be back. It is truly a wonderful city. So much has changed and everything is more beautiful than I remember. This just goes to show that people shouldn’t wait 11 years before going back to a place they loved. Yet every time I turn on the TV (and it’s more often than I care to admit at this stage) but I have to wonder where I am, they have Oprah!!! Thank God but still…. It’s very odd, most TV programs are from the US and they are fairly current, about a season behind. So between Gilmore Girls, Everybody Love Raymond, Survivor, and Charmed I feel like I am at home, sort of.

Adam is well and looks the same. I will send a link to photos once we’ve gone places. Next week we’ll begin planning our two week vacation to New Zealand.

My first week has been very relaxing and I have concluded that I will never be a house-spouse, I get bored easily. I do reserve the right to alter that position upon having children.

Tomorrow we are off to an animal park and Adam and is jumping out of his skin to pet the Koalas and Roos….

1 Comments:

  • G'Day and welcome to Australia! I think you should bet on the winner of Survivor, or "predict" what will happen next on Gilmore Girls. I wonder if Luke will say yes to Lorelai's proposal ... Do it in an Aussie accent so people don't know you're American. People will think you're psychic or something. Good times!

    By Blogger Martin, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home